App-specific passwords are required for all third-party apps that sync with iCloud.
Note: This affects only iCloud users who have enabled two-step verification or two-factor authentication. If you are not using either, you can ignore this.These are the steps for creating an app-specific password for the app to sync with iCloud:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page
- In the Security section, click Edit
- Click Generate Password and follow the steps on your screen
(The app-specific password is displayed on screen)
- Write down this password and/or copy it to your clipboard
- Enter the password in the app